Monday, June 22, 2009

H-E-R-O

I love my dad:
His faith in Christ,
His personality,
His quirks,
His laugh and smile,
His stories,
His jokes,
His determination and hard-work,
His love for the Rockies,
His devotion to Mom,
His heart for me and my sister,
His strength,
His passion for traveling,
His knowledge and wisdom,
His adventurous spirit.
****
When I was little, I remember Dad telling me I was the apple of his eye.
I have always felt loved by him.
*
Thank you, Dad for drawing me closer to Christ,
and giving me a physical picture of Jesus' love for me.
You are a king among men,
and have raised the bar very high!
For now, you hold the key to my heart. Love you!



****
"How long is it going to take God to free us from the morbid habit of thinking about ourselves? We must get sick unto death of ourselves, until there is no longer any surprise at anything God can tell us about ourselves. We cannot touch the depths of meanness in ourselves. There is only one place where we are right, and that is in Christ Jesus. When we are there, then we have to pour out for all we are worth in the ministry of the interior." Oswald Chambers, June 21st.
*
I love my new running shoes, and walking 9 miles on an early Saturday morning!
*
I am ticking off the days until my beach vacation!
*
I love singing in church!
*
I love my family!
*
I am excited about being able to decorate my own space!
*
I can't wait to spend time with my friends this weekend!



L.s.R

No comments: