Friday, June 6, 2008

A Miracle

Today I took my Principles of Finance Test.
This was my 25th CLEP/DSST test I have taken.
So I guess after taking so many, I can go with my gut instinct, and tell if I am ready to take the test.
I had studied for this test for a month, and since I started two new classes this week, I really wanted to get the credits for Finance and move on.
So I took it today.
Before I begin studying for any test, I always read the overview of what the test consists of, so I know what to study. The official fact sheet for the test, stated that the time-value tables for the Present and Future Value of Annuitys' would be provided in the test, which seemed normal to me, since my Managerial Accounting Professor also provided them on all our exams.
I remember feeling relieved, since the equation for PV and FV is long and difficult to do.
So I studied for a month, not bothering to memorize the equations.
My second question into the test asked for the PV of a bond. And the time-value table was not provided.
I first searched around the whole test, making sure I did not miss anything.
Nope, they had not provided it.
Then I freaked out.
I knew about 30% of the test consisted of Time Values, and that would make or break my grade.
And then it hit me,
"Lydia, you can either give up now, because you don't have the knowledge to do this on your own; or you can trust God with the answers and follow His leading."
I then prayed and gave the whole test to God. I told Him, He knew where I was at, how much I needed to pass this test, and what it would mean if I didn't. But I told Him I would praise Him if I passed or failed. It was in His control. I could not do it. It had to be all Him.
I think that is the hardest step of faith I have ever had to take on my college journey.
So, I continued with the test.
It seemed like every three questions consisted of time values. Each one, I prayed over and tried my best to think about the problem logically and then picked the one the seemed right.
The rest of the test consisted of information that I knew.
I think I died on question 88.
Then I pushed the 'End Test' button.
I passed.
I haven't stopped praising God since.
He worked a miracle in my life today.


As soon as I got home, I e-mailed DSST and told them what had happened.
They just better be happy, that I have a God that can work miracles, or I would not have been a happy camper!
L.s.R

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats really cool lid, I got choked up. Praise the Lord! He is so good. Love you and Congratulations. Whitney

Morgan Ruckel said...

Thanks for sharing that. I is good to hear stories like that from friends. Keep trusting God, Morgan

L.s.R said...

Thanks you guys! I love you both so much! You are the best friends in the world!
I had a lot of fun on Saturday!

HR said...

Thanks for writing that out, Lid!!! It is fun to see God working in your college journey and remember back to how He worked in mine! Congrats again! I'm SO proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I am really excited for you! What a great testimony of Gods goodness!!!