Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An Amazing Post

I don't know if you have noticed, but I have a list of my fav blogs that are located on the right side.
Alyssa's blog, is one that I read almost everyday.
It is funny, how I have not even met her in real life, but I feel I know a lot about her just through her posts and pictures. I admire her and her husband and how they are raising their children. I hope that I am like her if, one day, I get married and have children.
Her post today was amazing. She was talking about her son who just turned 10, and how she wanted God to be in control of his life and not her.
She said something that I have felt for awhile, but never have put into words
"........ I'll be honest with you, I don't want to be one of these mom's who holds on. I don't want to be one of these parents who controls. I really don't want to have adult sons who are still hanging out somewhat visionless in their twenties (or teens either) because after all, Robert and I haven't found them a wife yet and we don't want them to go anywhere where they might make bad decisions."
Wow.....if you have time read her entire post, it is kind of long, but really good!
Have a good day!
L.s.R

No comments: