Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rooted and Grounded

My 'Q' key sticks on my laptop.
I have to hit it hard and quick.
qqqqqqqqqqq. Crud.

Anyway, I have started the process of putting all of my worldly possessions in boxes.

My sister and I bought a fabulous couch the other day.
Uber snazzy! Just for the record, I have always wanted to use 'uber' in a post. I finally have.....and no, I don't feel any cooler........kind of stupider actually.
Ha!

I will miss my puppy-dogs.
But they have become very attached to Mom and Ruby loves the blow-up bed in Hannah's old room........poor thing, she would rather rule in Hell than serve in Heaven as Dad says. :)

I spent 2 glorious hours getting my hair done after work this evening. It is a darker blond, so I can save money on less touch-ups.
My next appointment is for October 3rd.
How scary is that! That is Fall!

2009 is flying by.

*
"For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father....that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge,
that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3: 14, 16-21 NAS
*
The song that is playing has meant a lot to me. It is so beautiful and puts into words exactly how I have been feeling for the past weeks. Actually, it reminds me of the post about God's love that I read today on Alyssa's website. I needed that.
"The life that I have now is only the beginning."
L.s.R

1 comment:

HR said...

I'm going to start the packing soon, too...can't wait to see the couch (and it is uber snazzy!)...I want to see your hair!!!!...thanks for sharing the verse and the song. I love you! **Think yellow chairs - our place is going to be awesome!**