Monday, July 20, 2009

New Season

"They that wait upon the Lord...
....shall walk and not faint."
Is. 40:31
*
"There is no thrill in walking, it is the test of all stable qualities. The "walk and not faint" is the highest reach possible for strength......When we are in an unhealthy state physically or emotionally, we always want thrills...The reality of God's presence is not dependant on any place, but only upon the determination to set the Lord always before us. Our problems come when we refuse to bank on the reality of His presence.....At critical moments it is necessary to ask guidance, but it ought to be unnecessary to be saying always--"O Lord, direct me here and there." Of course He will! If our common-sense decisions are not His order, He will press through them and check them; then we must be quiet and wait for the direction of His presence."
~Oswald Chambers,
My Utmost For His Highest, July 20th
****
I am finishing a season in my life.

I am entering a new one.

The season I am leaving behind is one of familiarity.

I am stepping into the unknown, but I know the Lord is by my side, keeping His hand in mine, and guiding my steps.

I started this blog to document my life through my college journey, but since I have graduated those days are now behind me and it is time for a change.

So, cheers to a new season......there is a link to my new blog on the right!

It is hard to leave the past behind. The season that I just finished had its fun, easy times as well as its difficult moments. I have found myself leaving behind girlhood and embracing womanhood. I have experience many challenges, and these have brought me to a different horizon....the next phase of my life-journey that I will continue to walk hand-in-hand with my Savior.

L.s.R

No comments: