Friday, May 29, 2009

Thank God It's Friday!

For the first time in my short life I can say TGIF and really mean it, because I don't have to work on Saturdays anymore!! This entire week as been full of learning legal terms, computer systems and commands, and memorizing everything and its brother....and I only set off one alarm!!

So.....needless to say, I am very ready for this weekend.

***
It is Hannah's birthday today, so we started the celebration by going to lunch.
After lunch, I headed back to the office and went through more training.
At 4:30 I had nothing to do so I took pictures of myself in my cubicle..........that is how I roll!
(No, really I only did this for about a minute!)
After work Hannah and I got manis/pedis done.
I got solar nails for the first time...I love the click-clackety sound when I type! My poor little feet had gotten pretty beat up from the marathon last month and were in need of some TLC, and thankfully I didn't get any grassy decor this time either!! ***

Tomorrow I am doing my friend's make-up for her wedding...I am so happy for her.

I like the black and white dress that I bought for the wedding.

***

I hate to be a broken record, but in the mornings, as a part of my quiet times, I have been reading My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, and I always love what he says. Most of his insights have been relevant to my life right now:

"There may be any number of things dark to your understanding, but they do not come in between your heart and God. "And in that day you shall ask Me no question" (John 16:23)--you do not need to, you are so certain that God will bring things out in accordance with His will. "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me." (John 14:1) This verse has become the real state of your heart, and there are no more questions to be asked. If anything is a mystery to you and it is coming in between you and God, never look for the explanation in your intellect, look for it in your disposition, it is that which is wrong. When once your disposition is willing to submit to the life of Jesus, the understanding will be perfectly clear, and you will get to the place where there is no distance between the Father and His child because the Lord has made you one, and "in that day you shall ask Me no question." "

L.s.R

1 comment:

Leslie Shepherd said...

You must get a picture of you in your dress at Lauren's wedding and post it, k! :D