Monday, February 23, 2009

Dents and Rips

The one thing I want to portray on this blog is genuineness.
My life is far from perfect.
I do not have all the answers.
I do not have it all together.
***
As I mentioned in my last post I have my own personal battles.
One of them is worrying.
It was an epidemic with me when I was little.
I remember distinct memories of worrying about going blind from getting Windex in my eye, or a tornado sucking me up, or crashing in a plane over the water and being eaten by sharks, or dying at my friend's house and not being able to say good-bye to Mom.

I know, I was a morbid little girl.....and not terribly bright :)
***
But as I have become older, these fantastic worries have turned into more realistic ones.
Is my GPA going to be high enough (for what anyway?), will I be able to find the job I want, will I ever be able to do some of things I have planned for my life?

When I was eight, during one of my 'worry sessions,' I remember my dad looking at me and telling me worrying is a sin.
Worrying is telling God He is not strong enough,
powerful enough to work it out.
Worrying is telling the God who created the universe
He cannot handle it.
You have to trust God with your life, future and plans.
It seems so simple, but it is very, very hard for me.
I admit it.
***
Trusting Christ with my life is a day to day, hour by hour, minute by minute event for me.
It has to be or I get overwhelmed.
The past year was a huge stepping-stone in the worry department for me.
So far, it was one of the biggest years of my life, and there were many areas I had to give to the Lord and tell Him I could not do it.
He had to.
I had to give Him full control, and surrender every single thing to Him.
***
I still have my moments of forgetfulness and I fall back into the old pattern.
But the only thing I can do is strive to be closer and closer to Christ.
The more I know Christ, the more I think like Him and understand Him.


Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you;
He will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 55:22
L.s.R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate so well to this. Different, yes...but I can relate the same. I have really been fighting worry these past few months. The part about "Worrying being a sin", "Not trusting God", that was good for me. Thanks Lid,
Good post!

HR said...

Excellent, Lid! Love your new look, too!