Monday, October 20, 2008

Thoughts

So, it has been quite a while since I have updated! It seems like everyone is saying that on their blog! And it is true, the reason is business...darn, life!

This week has been good. I am getting into my new schedule of studying psychology. It is an interesting subject, aggravating at times. Reading through it reminds me of a kid that will not stop asking why. The books starts out with why questions, and then builds on more why questions, and more and more and more....until I guess it will end with the liberal answer, "we evolved into this, and are evolving still." Gah! Just reading about how our memory works and how one college student can, "remember the meaning of 80,000 words, thousands of autobiographical episodes, millions of facts, hundreds of skills, the taste of vanilla, and the smell of lemon" is enough for me to shake my head, and think, "Don't you get it! You are created in the image of God!" Some of the material I have read so far in my college experience, has been difficult, meaning I know they are wrong, but I have to study and memorize this material to get those measly college credits. On the other hand, I am glad I have a sense of what a nonchristian believes, what they are taught. I believe it will help me understand them and win them to Christ. I have been studying from 9am to 6pm with about an hour and half break, so that pretty much accounts for all my business.

Besides college, work is going good. I am looking forward to Christmas Break! I will be able to work full-time and make more MONEY! :) More than the money, I am very happy about the fact, that I will be able to work full-time for Christmas. Christmas is my favorite time to work at the bakery. It is like constant, non-stop, Christmas baking. We are so busy, the work flies by, and my coworkers are a lot fun!

I have been able to get up to running almost 2 miles! I am actually very proud of myself, because I used to hate running, and never thought I would enjoy it, but I am very glad I have changed. I think it is a good stress reliever for me. Stress, is something I have been dealing with a lot lately. I have to remind myself daily, that I need to let God control my life. I get so overwhelmed with deadlines, memorization, studying, reading, working and exercising that I have a tendency to lose my focus on Christ and trusting in Him. I have learned that when I feel overwhelmed, I have to immediately turn my eyes to Jesus, and ask Him to take my burden.

"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God." Ps. 43:5

L.s.R

2 comments:

Amy said...

hey girl you need to add my blog to your friends! amysinlove.blogspot.com

L.s.R said...

Thanks for reminding me! I have been meaning to do that, truly!!:)