Sunday, April 26, 2009

Crossing it Off the List

Well, Dad and I did it!
We completed 26.2 miles in 5 hours, 36 minutes.
Here are some pictures of our journey, which started in January.

This morning, the day of the marathon!


The final last stretch before the finish line.

Finish line. Dad and I raced each other over it. I will never forget that feeling!

Getting our tracking chips removed from our shoes.

The End!
****
Training has taught me so much! It is no wondering that the Apostle Paul liked to use running as an analogy of how we journey through this hard world.
*
Running a race well takes determination, discipline and energy.
*
In all things, whether it is running a marathon, working at my job, or going through the mundane, daily activities of my life, I want to glorify Christ in how I accomplish and finish them.
*
I am very happy that I can check 'Walk a Marathon' off my list of goals to finish before I die. I am even more happy, because my dad pushed me one step further and helped me run half of it. Thanks Dad! I love you!
*
I wonder which goal will be crossed off next?
L.s.R

5 comments:

Amy said...

oh Lid, I'm so super proud of you!!! I wish I could have been there to see you cross the finish line :( Jon played in a volleyball tornament all day.

L.s.R said...

Thats okay, Amy! I understand, and thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! That is so exciting Lid! Really proud of you girl!

HR said...

Awesomeness! Love you and I am proud of you!

RLR said...

What a great accomplishment! So proud of you both! Luv ya!