Monday, April 28, 2008

Leaving High School Behind

The thought of growing older is a love/hate feeling.
I love being on my own; I love making my own decisions; I love acting like an adult; I love being treated like an adult; I love the excitement of the unknown, and knowing that the whole world is at my feet, and with God’s help I will achieve what He wants me to do.
But with all of these wonderful new experiences, the scary ones come hand-in-hand.
It is hard being lonely sometimes; I like being alone most of the times, but every once in a while it is difficult having to do the ‘responsible’ thing and study on Saturday, while all of my friends are having fun. Even if sometimes I enjoy it, it is hard not knowing what is coming next, and feeling like you are floundering and asking yourself, “Will this hard work ever pay off?” It is hard having the feeling of immediacy: I want it now, I don’t want to wait.
But change is normal, it is good. If fact, it is wrong to not want to change, to not want to challenge yourself, to discipline yourself. It is through these difficulties that you rely more on God and less on yourself.
It is time to leave high school behind. It is time to become an adult. It is time to start living your own life, to take what your parents and mentors have taught you, and to start living in the world.
Not of it, but in it.

L.s.R

1 comment:

HR said...

Excellent, Lid. We need more like you!!! Love you~